I read a book entitled the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Christians by Mike Mazzalongo (link).
I wanted to repost those habits in this blog so I could always go back and read them, when our IT will finally block that site in the link above hehe.
“There are Christians who have managed to cultivate a lifestyle that incorporates these 7 habits. In other words, practicing these habits has created a certain Christian character and ability that makes these women and men highly effective as disciples of Christ. If you are a new Christian wondering “where do I go from here,” or if you are an experienced Christian wanting to go to a higher level, then pursuing these 7 habits will provide direction to more effective Christian living and service.”
To become more effective as Christians, you need to develop the habits of:
- Reading your Bible regularly
- Praying to God daily
- Setting personal spiritual goals
- Cultivating your abilities and the abilities of others
- Taking responsibility for your soul and then the souls of the ones who are weak or lost
- Stepping up your rate and intensity of service
- Remain focused on spiritual instead of worldly thing
“Of course, all of this is for those who want to become effective as Christians as opposed to those who simply want to affect a Christian pose.”
I will be reposting each of the habits one by one in the coming days. 🙂